Monday, May 15, 2006

My first Mother's Day

So, yesterday was Mother's Day. I remember Mother's days of the past feeling so angry and hateful at all the "mommies" as the Primary kids sang in church and the ward gave flowers to all the women, so the non-moms wouldn't feel left out. Which never really helped, I knew it was just a token gift. I remember going to the parents houses and feeling so jealous and sad as all the sisters got gifts and cheerful "happy mother's day" wishes. But this weekend I finally got to experience that for myself. I finally got to have a Mother's Day. So what was the best part of my first mother's day? Last night I held my freshly bathed son on my lap and read him a bedtime story. Afterward I hugged and snuggled him and told him how much I loved him and how happy I am to be his mommy. Then as I laid him down in my arms and rocked him to sleep, he sighed so contentedly and reached up his little hand to touch my face. Then he closed his eyes and drifted off. (Yes, he actually fell asleep in my arms for once.) Oh how I love that little guy! How could I ask for more?

4 Comments:

At May 16, 2006 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am actually crying! What a sweet post.
I remember those days of hating Mother's day too.

 
At May 17, 2006 7:39 AM, Blogger Tracey Lee said...

Awww....I'm so happy that you had a wonderful day! So happy that you finally have your little man here.

 
At July 03, 2006 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

 
At July 20, 2006 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home