Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day


One of my favorite things about being a mom is that my dear husband gets to be a dad. Nothing brings me greater joy than to watch him playing with Drake. It brings a smile to my face when I am in the other room and I hear Drake laughing with his dad. Or when they are downstairs and I come to see what they are doing and Shane is sitting in the recliner with Drake asleep in the crook of his arm. I love that! I love that he gets up with him in the morning. It is fun to lay in bed and listen to Shane telling Drake good morning while he changes his diaper and gets him fed. I love Shane's seemingly endless patience and how he knows when I need a break for a bit from Drake. (Yes, I am a normal mother, I do need a break from time to time.) I love that he calls home during the day just to see how "his boy" is doing. I love that he misses him so much when he is out of town. I love that Drake's favorite babble is "dadada", (even if he isn't really trying to say "daddy"). I love how Drake gets so excited when he sees his daddy. They are already buddies and love each other so. Thanks Shane for being such a wonderful dad to our little guy.

1 Comments:

At June 19, 2006 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest Father/Son picture I have ever seen! **sniff**

 

Post a Comment

<< Home